Sunday, July 21, 2013

“The main thing is to be moved, to love, to hope, to tremble, to live.”  Auguste Rodin

Yesterday was special. My husband and I got this amazing painting that is now the main image and anchor in our home.
 

It inspires us both, for different reasons.

I see this beautiful young lady as a woman who exudes power and confidence. It is Opulent. That was the first word that came to my mind when I first looked at her. Opulence. And it still is.

My husband sees this young girl as someone who is beautiful and has beautiful dreams. Looking at this painting  makes him wonder who this girl is -  perhaps the daughter of the artist, or a young girl whose parents could have commissioned the work.

This painting now looks at us majestically as we enter the living room, and we‘ve stopped many times looking back at it and letting our imaginations run freely.

I suppose this post is about following your dreams.
Those dreams then become goals and you work on them until you achieve them.

I always loved art; I was certainly very curious about art since high school and college, when I wondered about the state of mind of someone like Salvador Dali and his crazy, crazy paintings. I then loved hanging out at the art museum during its discounted price evenings. Later, when I got married, my husband and I became members of the local museums and  we check out their exhibitions regularly.

Since yesterday, I get to actually own one piece of art that inspires me so much.

Whatever your passion is, follow it. You can have it all! Work at it, because the journey until you get there is half the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment