Sunday, July 7, 2013

"It is necessary to try to surpass oneself always; this occupation ought to last as long as life." – Queen Christina

Hello there!

Long time that I haven’t visited with you, but a stream of different happenings in my life kept me very busy. From starting a new job to starting a new class to everything in between!

Under the topic of trying something new, I want to tell you about this great new form of learning - it is called massive open online course (or MOOC).


These are college level online courses taught by the best in class universities around the world, and they are free! There are classes in every topic you can think of, from art and history, to advanced calculus, to all sorts of exact sciences you may be interested in.
You get top notch education just by attending a 1-3 month class, where you have the chance to interact with instructors and fellow students from different parts of the world!
And if you wish and successfully complete the program, you get a certificate - although these cannot count (yet!) as regular credit courses you might take in the regular university setting.

I am taking a nutrition course from coursera.org (there are other sites offering MOOC’s) and I am loving it! I will tell you more about this course this week!

Until then, happy learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment